Marmoleum is often presented as an eco-friendly flooring option and a perfect alternative to vinyl and other conventional flooring materials. If you have some cool flooring design ideas, you can easily transform an ordinary looking floor into a spectacular floor. With Marmoleum, you can not only create a beautiful floor but also keep your home and the earth healthy. Its versatility and ease of design make it the first choice for many designers. This is undoubtedly the best flooring option available today.
Benefits of Marmoleum
- This versatile flooring material can be used for designing intricate patterns.
- Marmoleum is made from natural material and therefore, do not outgas any toxin. Moreover, there will be no chemical residue.
- It has antibacterial properties that prevent the spread of salmonella and other microbes.
- Its life is incredible. Its life can span over 50 years.
- It can withstand heat and do not burn easily.
- It has anti-static properties. This property doesn’t let dirt to stick to it. Moreover, it is also pretty easy to clean.
- It is 100% free from volatile organic compounds.
- You can easily cut the material to create borders and designs.
- Marmoleum is 100% biodegradable material.
- It is less slippery than other conventional flooring materials. Therefore, it is very comfortable to stand on and walk on.
- It helps in reducing dust mines and also eliminates common allergens.
It Has Some Cons Too
The perfection is still to achieve. The cons of this wonderful flooring do exist. Here are some of the cons of Marmoleum floor:
- Marmoleum floor is prone to dents.
- It is prone to stains.
- It scuffs easily.
- It is expensive as compared to vinyl and other flooring materials.
- A constant maintenance is required.
- Its finish is also prone to damage.
- Pet stains are also pretty common if not cleaned on time.
With these cons, still it can be a fabulous flooring material if you follow these simple rules:
- No DIY. Hire professionally trained and experienced team for installing Marmoleum.
- Seal and finish it properly.
- Install it on a smooth and flat floor.
- Never use hot water or steam cleaner for cleaning the Marmoleum floor. Use cleaning solutions recommended by the supplier.
- Do not drag furniture on the floor. Also put pads on the feet of furniture to prevent friction, scratches and dents.
- Avoid spiked high heels.
Look for the best Forbo Marmoleum installation and supply in New York City. Forbo Marmoleum supplied and installed by reputed company can really serve your needs for decades.