Be it an expensive or just a packet friendly piece of beauty, a carpet has to be kept in the best shape and looks. Dirty carpet flooring with stains and dust does not look great and no one admires it. No one wants to leave the impression of being irresponsible and lazy. Just like every other nook and corner of your house, the carpet flooring should also get the best care. Carpet flooring products are a great addition to your home and also increase the value of your property.
It is very easy to clean a carpet flooring if have the right vacuum cleaner. Apart from this, a little useful information required for the cleaning job. So, we have compiled a list of tips for cleaning carpet flooring.
- Don’t leave the affected area untreated. Clean it immediately. Otherwise, the spill will leave a stain that will be hard to remove.
- Use a spoon to gently remove solid material (such as food spill) from the carpet. You can also use a dull knife. Now, add water and a little detergent if required. Blot it and vacuum it back and forth. If the stain is still there then add more water and repeat.
- You can also use spot removal solvents available in the market. Apply a few drops on the stain and blot the carpet. Call professionals if you find any change in the color of the carpet.
- Moisten the stained area with 3% hydrogen peroxide if the stain is still there. Leave it for one hour and blot it.
Preserve the Beauty of the Carpet Floor
- Vacuum the carpet floor regularly. Rotating brush, suction or beater bar, it depends on the type of the carpet.
- Traffic and there are some factors that you should keep in mind. Avail professional carpet cleaning services at least once in every 12 to 18 months.
- Don’t pull sprouts and snags. Always use scissors to clip them. Pulling out sprouts and snags will damage the carpet.
- Protect carpets from the fire. And, if it is burnt; just remove the burnt black ends of fibers using fingernail scissors. If it is extensively burnt then you will have to patch it or replace it.
- Avail professional services if the carpet is extensively damaged due to water.
If you are considering carpet flooring for your house then find a company that supplies high quality and durable carpet flooring products in New York City. Follow these tips to keep carpets in the best shape and looks.